16 of the weirdest and wackiest facts on the human body
Did you know that 206 bones make up the human skeleton?
Here are 16 weird, wacky, & sometimes-a-bit-gross facts…
- Your eyes blink around 20 times a minute. That’s over ten million times a year!
2. Your ears never stop growing!
3. Earwax is actually a type of sweat!
4. The tongue is covered in about 8,000 taste buds, each containing up to 100 cells helping you taste your food!
5. You produce about 40,000 liters of spit in your lifetime. Or to put it another way, enough spit to fill around five hundred bathtubs – yuck!
6. The average nose produces about a cupful of nasal mucus every day!
7. You are about 1cm taller in the morning when you first get up than when you go to bed. This is because during the day the soft cartilage between your bones gets squashed and compressed.
8. If you walked for 12 hours a day, it would take the average person 690 days to walk around the world.
9. The only muscle that never tires is the heart.
10. The entire surface of your skin is replaced every month, which put another way means you have about 1,000 different skins in your life!
11. The body has 2.5 million sweat pores.
12. Every minute you shed over 30,000 dead skin cells.
13. If you live to age 70, your heart will have beat around 2.5 billion times!
14. Spread across their lifetime, most people spend an average of one whole year sitting on the toilet.
15. On average you fart enough in one day to fill a party balloon.
16. We urinate enough every month to fill a bath!